PEGA systems area unit a Business Method Management tool. It’s developed on Java and uses OOP and java ideas. And also the huge advantage is we tend to don’t have to be compelled to have to be compelled to build the system from the scratch like several standard programming. It’s turning into fashionable attributable to that, although most standard programmers would disagree. And conjointly attributable to it area unit agile manner, Flexibility, and being extensible.
Pega systems has become widely popular due to its unified architecture that stores all the requirements, process artifacts, policies and user interface at a single place. So, unlike other tools like Oracle BPM or IBM Lombardi, Pega does NOT have separate tools for requirement gathering, process design, integration, reporting and designing screens.
Pega’s Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC) is Pega’s Development platform and has a Java based architecture which means that one can easily build scalable and extendable applications. The core services that are offered are –
- Case Management Services: A case relates to set of structured or unstructured processes. For a quick example: When we approach a bank for opening an account, a case is created that triggers multiple processes such as document collection, validation with back end systems such as KYC, Legal checks, credit checks, etc. It becomes easy to monitor these multiple processes by creating a case. When all the processes are completed, the case gets closed.
- Business Process Management Services: This means that PRPC can be used for process modeling, process simulation, executing workflows and policies, handle routing logic, manage SLAs, etc.
- Business Rule Services: Pega Rules is the Business Rules Engine (BRE) where one can create specialized rules for process execution, integration and monitoring. We can have an application where the UI is built on a different technology but the logic has been written in PegaRules.
- Management Services: Relates to Business Process Analysis (BPA), Business Activity Monitoring (BAM)
- Presentation Services: Can expose UI on any browser, send email, PDF, embed in existing client’s intranet portal as a gadget
- Object Persistence Services: Handle persistence of data through serialization.
PEGA’s Better Business Software for CRM uses analytics technology to build customer intelligence for high value customer interactions.
- Marketing:Pega’s CRM software uses predictive analysis and adaptive analytics in decision management to determine the best engagement action for each customer.
- Multi-channel access:Customers today communicate with enterprises through disparate channels. Email, voice, SMS, online chat, and social media are just a few.
- Lead generation:Software that can automatically generate sales leads from campaigns provides high value to any CRM system since the ultimate objective of marketing campaigns is to generate sales.
- Analytics:The ability to predict what customers want and to systematically apply customer data to front-line decision-making provides competitive advantage to any marketing organization.
Predictive analysis is a key feature in Pega’s Industry Solutions. Here are some examples of how predictive analysis can be applied in today’s digital enterprise:
Finance: Pega’s financial services solutions use Next-Best-Action to support personalized marketing, customer service, and risk management in retail banking (predictive analytics in banking), lending, card services, wealth management and brokerage, commercial banking, and institutional capital markets.
Insurance: Insurance policies are not one-size-fits all. Age, sex, health history, and other factors contribute to the dynamics of insurance coverage.
Healthcare: Healthcare plan providers have traditionally been product-centric. As member and provider needs become more unique, healthcare organizations can refocus marketing and support for customer centricity by using Pega Next-Best-Action technology to individualize plans for customers.
Telecommunications: The telecom industry servicing consumer and enterprise customers is notorious for customer churn. Predictive analysis in Pega’s communications and media industry solutions enable telecommunications companies to maximize customer value through retention and revenue.
Travel and Hospitality: Companies offering travel and hospitality services benefit from using Pega’s Next-Best-Action technology to cross-sell products through inbound and outbound channels.
PEGA can connect with any external authorization and authentication (LDAP, SSO Server). PRPC triggers processes through scheduled events, external events (like inbound email, or telephone call), Declarative events and supports automated unit testing.